Welcome to the Swim Charleston Grown-Up Swim Team!! Swim Charleston is part of Grown-Up Swimming Charleston and believes that the kiddos shouldn't have all the fun. All information about the team can be found on this page and the tabs above.
Anyone is welcome to join our team - not just members of our masters, age-group, learn-to-swim or other programming! We'd love to have you join us for a couple of laps in the pool, a burger and a beer (or whatever you like), and hanging out with a fun group of swimmers who are still kids at heart. We are pretty chill - no experience necessary (although if you can make it one lap down the pool it will be a bit more fun for you)! That said, we wouldn't mind if we end up with a couple of ringers to help us secure the World Championship this year!
Swim Meet Formats
Meet themes include:
- Sprint Meet: The blazing fast 25s will give you a chance to get back to your 10 & under days, while also easing you into the spirit of competition with short races!
- Traditional Meet: After warming up with the 25s, we will get back to the basics and swim the events and distances you have come to know and love at a swim meet.
- Distance Meet: After much deliberation, we have decided to switch up the distance meet. This year the Distance Meet will feature 100s and 25s of stroke events so that you can choose between wall tag
- Olympic Meet: Long Course? Did you say Long Course? That's right, we're only 1 year away from the Tokyo Olympics, this meet will get us used to racing in a 50 meter pool. We're still only doing 50s.
- Championships: This meet will determine our team champions for the 2019 season.